Memory defines use as human beings because unlike other animals, we can hold onto information and store it for along time making us more complex. this happens because our brains are more complex allowing use to retain things in catigories of long and short term memories. i think life would be terrible because we couldn't even remember unconscious things. we could not possible live in a community if everyone could not remember anything, including not remembering to breath, eat, and live, causing dealth. it would be horrible to live in clive's shoe's because he had such a inteligent personallity before this disease. It would be so stange to have such a good brain and not even being able to access all the information you had stored. It would be devistating to have a loved one retain only but 20 seconds. It would be alot of stuff to take care of and not getting made at him because he doesn't know better. she is understanding and trys to help him remember things and is patient when he talks to her or what he has to say. i would try to be helpful in helping him think out his thoughts properly. i feel like i have a good memory that i often take forgrated. i feel bad for people with alzhiemers or another memory disorder because they can't think the way others can.
I also learned that some people remember certain things that occur better than others. If you see something, you may remember it better than if you heard something thing. I think it is amazing that our mind works by putting things together when we don’t even try to. The name for that in this section is called automatic processing or the unconscious encoding of incidental information, such as space, time and frequency, and of well-learned information, such as word meanings. Once I read to that part of the section, I stopped to think how deciphering what a word means can be so easy and just so….automatic. when i recall some of my own memories, i think about this section and think if i am remembering my past experiences accuratly. I likes doeing the memory exercises with my mom. We compaired what she got and she did extremely better. I asked her why and hse told me she remembers them kinda by the that old game called siom. i thought that was interesting. i noticed that as i went on it became harder to remember because i had pervious words still processing. I found out that for myself seeing pictures helps me remember.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the fact that you said that humans are more complex because humans can remember event for a long peroid of time. I don't know what would happen to me if I couldn't remember past 20 seconds ago. It is hard enough for me to remember yesturday sometimes. Other times I can remember useless things that happen years ago. Did you know that gold fish have a memory spand of 3 seconds? I was told that by many people and wonder how scientists figure that one out.
ReplyDelete