Tuesday, October 27, 2009

blog 7

Sensation is the feeling of something. when your senses take toll you are using sensation to understand the thing that you are feeling, smelling, or tasting. the perception is the way you perceive what you are exposed to. Your brain trying to grasp the concept and take it into the way you think is perception.
what i thought was really interesting is vision. what you see as i learned in the exercise, isn't always what it really is. the spectrum of electromagnetic energy is why we see colors. the light that is around us transduce into what our brain says we see. i can apply this to every day life by simply this.... We constantly see and our brains are constantly trying to transform what is there into something we recognize.
the article i observed is psychology of magic. I thought it was interesting because i never thought about magic being a part of psychology. The magicians had an audience of psychologists and neuroscientists. psychological misdirection is when the magician points to another part of the stage and as all the audience looks, the trick forms without anyone seeing. cognitive illusions is when your mind tricks your self into assuming the future when things such as elephants disappear. mental forcing is when the outcome cant be anything else. This happens when there is a deck of 52 cards. audience picks one and all the cards are 7 of diamonds.

2 comments:

  1. I also think the the way we see colors is really interesting. Our brains use the light around us to have us see color. I have also never really thought about magicians realting to psychology, but they really do. They create illusions that trick our eyes into seeing something elese. I always fall for the simplest magic tricks. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our brain is so complex and seeing color is one of the most amazing things ever. Imagine going day to day and not seeing the colors of everything like a person who is color blind. I read an article on psyblog that dealt with magic and psychology also. My article talked about the different types of tricks too. I never realized how in depth magic can really go and how much it can mess with a person's brain. Everytime I see a magic show or trick from now on is definately going to consist of me trying to analzye how they are carrying the trick out.

    ReplyDelete