Wednesday, September 30, 2009
I read the article written in the New York Times about Mr. Obama. I thought it was really interesting because I understood where the writer was coming from. Often Americans are bias about what a traditional American looks like. Even though Mr. Obama is American, people see him as another race just becuase of his skin color where as someone that is white and perhaps British, Americans would just assume that that person is American. I learned that so many times, people assum what they see to be true. I also learned that even myself sometimes are bias. This is relevant because Mr. Obama is the face of America and so often he is not even considered American, so how can he represent us. This article is interesting to me because I never realized how often I steriotype people. From this section I learned about unconscious thinking where you dont even realize you are think about a particular thing. What was most surprising to me was selective attention. This happenes everyday now that it is brought to my attention. If you are intested say in science, you will not even think about it before you remember every word your science teacher said. However say your next class is math. Your teacher starts to talk you will be off in day dreaming before you realize it. You are unconsciously blocking out what you dont want to hear. I agree with the sectiona bout why we dream. I think we dream to make since of what is going on in reality or maybe a way to worry. My evidence for this idea is that alot of my dreams are me worring about an upcoming event. I think my perspective is correct because usually you dont dream usually about nothing important and their usually is a purpose for everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment